Download e-book for iPad: The Novel: An Introduction by Christoph Bode
By Christoph Bode
- Provides readers with the serious instruments to turn into professional narratologists and extra insightful readers
- Reflects at the upward push of worldwide literature, with examples drawn from Spanish, French, Italian, German, Scandinavian, and Russian novels for research or representation, in addition to works from English and American literature
- Featured topics include the dealing with of house and time within the novel, narrative occasions, literary symbols, and gendering
Read Online or Download The Novel: An Introduction PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
This e-book examines the functionality of repetition within the paintings of Walt Whitman, Wallace Stevens and John Ashbery. All 3 poets generally hire and remark upon the consequences of repetition, but signify 3 unique poetics, significantly faraway from each other in stylistic and historic phrases. while, the 3 are engaged in a hugely attention-grabbing relation to one another - a relation readers are inclined to clarify when it comes to repetition, by means of positing Whitman and Stevens because the substitute 'beginnings' out of which Ashbery emerges.
Winner of the nationwide booklet Award for her brief tale assortment Victory Over Japan, Ellen Gilchrist has entertained audiences along with her brilliant fictional pics of sturdy girls, eccentric lives, and the problems of affection and existence. recognized either for her brief fiction and her novels, Gilchrist has been presented a number of honors all through her occupation, and her paintings maintains to obtain either serious and renowned acclaim.
Johnson, Writing, and reminiscence demonstrates the significance of reminiscence in Samuel Johnson's oeuvre. Greg Clingham argues that it is a inspiration of reminiscence that's derived from the method of old and inventive writing, and is located to be embodied in works of literature and different cultural kinds. He examines Johnson's writing, together with his biographical writing, because it intersects with eighteenth-century idea on literature, heritage, fiction and legislations and in its next compatibility with and resistance to trendy concept.
Robert Noonan, whose pseudonym was once Robert Tressell, was once born in Dublin, eire, in 1870, and died in Liverpool, England, in 1911. in the course of his brief lifestyles, he lived in 3 international locations, eire, South Africa, and England, and used to be taken with and uncovered to quite a number innovative concerns comparable to Irish nationalism, Boer nationalism, socialism, anti-imperialism, the co-operative flow, and the women's suffrage crusade.
- Wallace Stevens among Others: Diva-Dames, Deleuze, and American Culture
- Fiction of the New Statesman, 1913-1939
- Quince Duncan: Writing Afro-Costa Rican and Caribbean Identity
- Tech Anxiety: Artificial Intelligence and Ontological Awakening in Four Science Fiction Novels
- The Johns Hopkins Guide to Digital Media
Extra info for The Novel: An Introduction
The Novel: An Introduction by Christoph Bode