Download PDF by George T. Patterson: Social Work Practice in the Criminal Justice System
By George T. Patterson
The felony justice process, with its complicated rules and approaches and its specialise in deterrence, punishment, and rehabilitation, could be a tricky approach to appreciate. Social paintings perform within the felony Justice System offers an outline of the felony justice approach, exploring the community of platforms which contain it.
Integrating social paintings values and a dedication to social justice, this textbook explores how social employees can perform to handle social difficulties in the felony justice procedure and promotes the improvement of data, abilities and demanding mirrored image during this more and more vital sector of perform. as well as masking the 4 key components for social paintings perform – legislations enforcement, courts, corrections, and laws – it covers:
- Alternative courses and prone
- Special populations – corresponding to juveniles, girls and intercourse offenders
- Special issues – corresponding to reoffending, wrongful conviction and racial disparities
- The program of evidence-based perform ideas in felony justice.
Looking on the demanding situations and possibilities of social paintings perform within the felony justice process, this is often definitely the right textual content for social paintings teachers, scholars and practitioners operating with or in the felony justice method. every one bankruptcy incorporates a precis of social paintings perform implications, key phrases, and advised extra reading.
Read Online or Download Social Work Practice in the Criminal Justice System PDF
Best criminal law books
Regardless of the obvious growth in women's criminal prestige, the legislations keeps a profoundly male bias, and as such contributes to the pervasive violence and injustice opposed to girls. In A legislation of Her personal, the authors suggest to transform law's basic paradigm by way of introducing a "reasonable girl ordinary" for measuring men's habit.
This cutting edge new booklet recognises that, whereas felony justice stories is a center part of all criminology/criminal justice undergraduate levels, it may be a complicated, overwhelming and a comparatively dry subject regardless of its value. Taking an original procedure, this booklet units out a sequence of ten key dilemmas - awarded as debates - designed to supply scholars with a transparent framework in which to advance their wisdom and research in a fashion that's either powerful and an stress-free studying event.
This e-book explores how teens understand the severity of crime and delinquency. It quite addresses whom or what they give thought to to be the sufferers of crime and delinquency, how they study and examine acceptable responses by way of the felony justice method, in addition to their position inside it. The publication proposes instruments for constructing a extra intricate and powerful realizing of what constitutes crime, identifying those plagued by it, and what's deemed enough or acceptable punishment.
This quantity brings jointly a variety of crucial released study articles from the continued debate concerning the ethical rights of prisoners. The articles think about the ethical underpinnings of the talk and comprise framework discussions for a idea of prisoners? rights in addition to numerous overseas files which aspect the rights of prisoners, together with girls prisoners.
- Die Rehabilitierung ehemaliger Heimkinder der DDR nach dem Strafrechtlichen Rehabilitierungsgesetz (German Edition)
- Die Beschlagnahme elektronisch gespeicherter Daten bei privaten Trägern von Berufsgeheimnissen (Schriftenreihe der Juristischen Fakultät der Europa-Universität ... Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)) (German Edition)
- Understanding Criminal Justice in Hong Kong
- Die Methode der richterlichen Straftatenprävention: Zu den Regeln der Rezeption von Empirie und Qualität im Recht (Studien und Beiträge zum Strafrecht) (German Edition)
- Criminal Law in a Nutshell, 5th
- Individual Criminal Responsibility in International Law (Oxford Monographs in International Law)
Additional resources for Social Work Practice in the Criminal Justice System
Social Work Practice in the Criminal Justice System by George T. Patterson