Romantic Norths: Anglo-Nordic Exchanges, 1770-1842 - download pdf or read online
By Cian Duffy
Read or Download Romantic Norths: Anglo-Nordic Exchanges, 1770-1842 PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This e-book is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his desires and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and browse commonly at the topic, yet his diversified and unique rules have hitherto bought little awareness.
First released 1984. In a provocative research, this ebook argues that the issues posed by way of Shelley’s notoriously tough sort has to be understood with regards to his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as a creative medium — the strain among the potential for language to reflect emotional event and the popularity of it’s inevitable barriers.
First released in 1969, this publication areas Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the historical past of his philosophical considering, interpreting his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific realization is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological kingdom of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This e-book, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and smooth literature, bargains leading edge learn into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a long time: an important and transforming into sector of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender reports, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in renowned western representations of the Islamic east, this booklet proffers leading edge case experiences on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a range of overdue medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist well known romances.
- Mythology as Metaphor: Romantic Irony, Critical Theory, and Wagner's ^URing^R: Romantic Irony, Critical Theory and Wagner's "Ring" (Contributions to the Study of Music and Dance)
- A Natural History of the Romance Novel
- Green Writing: Romanticism and Ecology
- The Arthur of Medieval Latin Literature: The Development and Dissemination of the Arthurian Legend in Medieval Latin (Arthurian Literature in the Middle Ages)
- Merlin and Legendary Romance: Volume 5 (Routledge Library Editions: Arthurian Literature)
- New Directions in 21st-Century Gothic: The Gothic Compass (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
Extra info for Romantic Norths: Anglo-Nordic Exchanges, 1770-1842
Romantic Norths: Anglo-Nordic Exchanges, 1770-1842 by Cian Duffy