Download e-book for iPad: Romantic Friendship in Victorian Literature (The Nineteenth by Carolyn W. de la L. Oulton
By Carolyn W. de la L. Oulton
Read Online or Download Romantic Friendship in Victorian Literature (The Nineteenth Century Series) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This ebook is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his desires and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and browse generally at the topic, yet his different and unique principles have hitherto acquired little recognition.
First released 1984. In a provocative research, this ebook argues that the issues posed by way of Shelley’s notoriously tough variety has to be understood on the subject of his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as an inventive medium — the stress among the possibility of language to reflect emotional event and the popularity of it’s inevitable boundaries.
First released in 1969, this booklet areas Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the historical past of his philosophical pondering, interpreting his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific realization is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological country of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This e-book, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and smooth literature, deals innovative examine into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a while: an important and becoming sector of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender experiences, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in well known western representations of the Islamic east, this ebook proffers leading edge case stories on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a variety of past due medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist renowned romances.
- Romanticism and the Museum (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- Haunting Realities: Naturalist Gothic and American Realism (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
- Romanticism: Critical Essays in American Literature: Volume 20 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
- Mythology as Metaphor: Romantic Irony, Critical Theory, and Wagner's ^URing^R: Romantic Irony, Critical Theory and Wagner's "Ring" (Contributions to the Study of Music and Dance)
- Brahms in the Home and the Concert Hall: Between Private and Public Performance
- The Châteauroux Version of the «Chanson de Roland»: A Fully Annotated Critical Text (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für romanische Philologie)
Extra info for Romantic Friendship in Victorian Literature (The Nineteenth Century Series)
Romantic Friendship in Victorian Literature (The Nineteenth Century Series) by Carolyn W. de la L. Oulton