Reading Romantic Poetry (Wiley Blackwell Reading Poetry) - download pdf or read online
By Fiona Stafford
- Provides a transparent, vigorous advent to Romantic Poetry, subsidized by means of educational examine and marked via its accessibility to scholars with little previous event of poetry
- Introduces a number of the significant issues of the age, from politics to publishing, from slavery to sociability, from Milton to the brain of man
- Encourages direct responses to poems by means of establishing up diverse facets of the literature and clean ways to reading
- Discusses the poets' personal interpreting and adventure of being learn, in addition to research of the sounds of key poems and the glance of the poem at the page
- Deepens figuring out of poems via know-how in their literary, historic, political and private contexts
- Includes the main poets of the interval, Blake, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Shelley, Keats, Burns and Clare —as good as a number of much less commonly used writers, together with women
Read or Download Reading Romantic Poetry (Wiley Blackwell Reading Poetry) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This ebook is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his goals and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and browse broadly at the topic, yet his different and unique principles have hitherto got little awareness.
First released 1984. In a provocative examine, this booklet argues that the issues posed by means of Shelley’s notoriously tough sort needs to be understood when it comes to his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as an inventive medium — the stress among the possibility of language to reflect emotional event and the popularity of it’s inevitable boundaries.
First released in 1969, this ebook areas Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the history of his philosophical considering, interpreting his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific consciousness is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological country of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This publication, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and smooth literature, deals leading edge study into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a long time: an important and growing to be sector of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender stories, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in well known western representations of the Islamic east, this ebook proffers cutting edge case stories on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a variety of overdue medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist renowned romances.
- The Genealogy of the Romantic Symbol
- Stille und Tod: Stories 4 (German Edition)
- The importance of gender in understanding Romanticism
- Urban Enlightenment and the Eighteenth-Century Periodical Essay: Transatlantic Retrospects (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- Writing the Empire: Robert Southey and Romantic Colonialism: Volume 10 (The Enlightenment World)
- Collected Writings of Charles Brockden Brown: Letters and Early Epistolary Writings
Extra resources for Reading Romantic Poetry (Wiley Blackwell Reading Poetry)
Reading Romantic Poetry (Wiley Blackwell Reading Poetry) by Fiona Stafford