Download e-book for iPad: Mortality and Music: Popular Music and the Awareness of by Christopher Partridge
By Christopher Partridge
Read or Download Mortality and Music: Popular Music and the Awareness of Death (Bloomsbury Studies in Religion and Popular Music) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This booklet is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his goals and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and skim largely at the topic, yet his diversified and unique rules have hitherto obtained little awareness.
First released 1984. In a provocative research, this e-book argues that the issues posed by way of Shelley’s notoriously tough sort needs to be understood on the subject of his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as an inventive medium — the strain among the opportunity of language to reflect emotional event and the popularity of it’s inevitable barriers.
First released in 1969, this e-book locations Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the historical past of his philosophical considering, studying his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific consciousness is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological nation of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This e-book, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and smooth literature, deals innovative learn into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a long time: an important and growing to be zone of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender stories, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in well known western representations of the Islamic east, this publication proffers cutting edge case reports on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a range of overdue medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist renowned romances.
- Catholicism and American Borders in the Gothic Literary Imagination
- Romanticism and the City (Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters)
- El intelectual y la cultura de masas: Argumentos Latinoamericanos En Torno a Ángel Rama Y José María Arguedas (Purdue studies in romance literatures)
- Performing Authorship in the Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Lecture Tour: In Person (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
- Friendship and Allegiance in Eighteenth-Century Literature: The Politics of Private Virtue in the Age of Walpole (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
Extra info for Mortality and Music: Popular Music and the Awareness of Death (Bloomsbury Studies in Religion and Popular Music)
Mortality and Music: Popular Music and the Awareness of Death (Bloomsbury Studies in Religion and Popular Music) by Christopher Partridge