Robin Mookerjee's Identity and Society in American Poetry: The Romantic PDF
By Robin Mookerjee
Read Online or Download Identity and Society in American Poetry: The Romantic Tradition PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This publication is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his goals and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and skim generally at the topic, yet his assorted and unique rules have hitherto obtained little consciousness.
First released 1984. In a provocative research, this ebook argues that the issues posed by means of Shelley’s notoriously tough sort has to be understood on the subject of his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as an inventive medium — the strain among the potential for language to reflect emotional adventure and the popularity of it’s inevitable barriers.
First released in 1969, this ebook locations Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the historical past of his philosophical considering, reading his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific awareness is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological country of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This e-book, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and sleek literature, bargains innovative examine into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a while: an important and becoming region of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender reports, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in well known western representations of the Islamic east, this booklet proffers cutting edge case reviews on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a variety of overdue medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist well known romances.
- Emotions and War: Medieval to Romantic Literature (Palgrave Studies in the History of Emotions)
- Perceval/Parzival: A Casebook (Arthurian Characters and Themes)
- El intelectual y la cultura de masas: Argumentos Latinoamericanos En Torno a Ángel Rama Y José María Arguedas (Purdue studies in romance literatures)
- Gothic Machine: Textualities, Pre-cinematic Media and Film in Popular Visual Culture, 1670-1910 (Gothic Literary Studies)
- Byron (Routledge Guides to Literature)
- Romanticism and the Gold Standard: Money, Literature, and Economic Debate in Britain 1790-1830 (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
Additional resources for Identity and Society in American Poetry: The Romantic Tradition
Identity and Society in American Poetry: The Romantic Tradition by Robin Mookerjee