Download PDF by André Musy,Benoit Hingray,Cécile Picouet: Hydrology: A Science for Engineers
By André Musy,Benoit Hingray,Cécile Picouet
This booklet offers the most hydrological equipment and methods utilized in the layout and operation of hydraulic initiatives and the administration of water assets and linked normal dangers. It covers the main issues of water assets engineering, from the estimation of runoff volumes and unit hydrographs to the routing of flows alongside a river and during lakes, reservoirs, and hydraulic buildings. It bargains with questions relating to simple hydrological facts, hydrological modeling and the prediction and forecasting of low flows and flood discharges.
Read Online or Download Hydrology: A Science for Engineers PDF
Best hydrology books
This e-book presents information regarding springs, mineral waters, and thermal waters used for municipal, business, and agricultural water provides and the speedily increasing bottled water undefined. The position of springs is defined for historical civilizations, army campaigns and, in additional fresh instances, for tourism and future health spas.
Masking greater than seven percentage of the earth’s floor, sea ice is essential to the functioning of the biosphere—and is a key part in our makes an attempt to appreciate and strive against weather swap. With On Sea Ice, geophysicist W. F. Weeks supplies a ordinary background of sea ice, an absolutely finished and updated account of our wisdom of its construction, switch, and serve as.
This book presents the influence of weather swap on Mount Baker glaciers, USA, and the rivers surrounding them. Glaciers are common reservoirs that yield their source totally on hot dry summer time days whilst different assets are at their lowest yield. This typical tempering of drought stipulations could be diminished as they retreat.
Forests hide nearly 26% of the world's land floor sector and symbolize a unique biotic neighborhood. they have interaction with water and soil in a number of methods, offering cover surfaces which catch precipitation and make allowance evaporation again into the ambience, therefore regulating how a lot water reaches the woodland ground as via fall, in addition to pull water from the soil for transpiration.
- The Fly River, Papua New Guinea: Environmental Studies in an Impacted Tropical River System (Developments in Earth and Environmental Sciences)
- Mechanics of Fluid-Saturated Rocks (International Geophysics)
- Nuclear Geophysics: Applications in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, Agriculture and Environmental Science (Springer Geophysics)
- Rivers of Europe
- Site Characterization in Karst and Pseudokarst Terraines: Practical Strategies and Technology for Practicing Engineers, Hydrologists and Geologists
- Weighting Methods and their Effects on Multi-Criteria Decision Making Model Outcomes in Water Resources Management (SpringerBriefs in Water Science and Technology)
Additional resources for Hydrology: A Science for Engineers
Hydrology: A Science for Engineers by André Musy,Benoit Hingray,Cécile Picouet