T. Baker's Contemporary Scottish Gothic: Mourning, Authenticity, and PDF
By T. Baker
Read or Download Contemporary Scottish Gothic: Mourning, Authenticity, and Tradition (Palgrave Gothic) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This booklet is the 1st research of Coleridge's responses to his goals and to debates at the nature of dreaming between poets, philosophers and scientists within the Romantic interval. Coleridge wrote and skim largely at the topic, yet his assorted and unique principles have hitherto got little realization.
First released 1984. In a provocative examine, this e-book argues that the issues posed by way of Shelley’s notoriously tough sort needs to be understood when it comes to his ambivalence in the direction of language itself as a creative medium — the stress among the possibility of language to reflect emotional adventure and the popularity of it’s inevitable barriers.
First released in 1969, this booklet areas Coleridge’s literary feedback opposed to the history of his philosophical pondering, analyzing his theories approximately feedback and the character of poetry. specific recognition is paid to the constitution of Biographia Literaria, Coleridge’s contrast among mind's eye and Fancy, his definitions of the poetic characters of Shakespeare and Wordsworth, his research of the psychological kingdom of audiences in theatres, and his interpretations of Paradise misplaced, Hamlet and Aeschylus’ Prometheus.
This publication, the 1st full-length cross-period comparability of medieval and glossy literature, bargains leading edge learn into the textual and cultural legacy of the center a long time: an important and turning out to be sector of scholarship. on the juncture of literary, cultural and gender reviews, and capitalizing on a renewed curiosity in well known western representations of the Islamic east, this publication proffers leading edge case reports on representations of cross-religious and cross-cultural romantic relationships in a variety of past due medieval and twenty-first century Orientalist renowned romances.
- Romanticism and Civilization: Love, Marriage, and Family in Rousseau’s Julie (Politics, Literature, & Film)
- Creativity and Science in Contemporary Argentine Literature: Between Romanticism and Formalism (Latin American and Caribbean Studies)
- Postcolonial Counterpoint: Orientalism, France, and the Maghreb (University of Toronto Romance Series)
- Intellectual Politics and Cultural Conflict in the Romantic Period: Scottish Whigs, English Radicals and the Making of the British Public Sphere (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Wilde Discoveries: Traditions, Histories, Archives: 19 (UCLA Clark Memorial Library Series)
Extra resources for Contemporary Scottish Gothic: Mourning, Authenticity, and Tradition (Palgrave Gothic)
Contemporary Scottish Gothic: Mourning, Authenticity, and Tradition (Palgrave Gothic) by T. Baker